From my post on this weekend’s shopping plan, let me show you what I ended up buying.
- A pair of jeans. Check! $40 @ Macy’s but today (5.5.11) it’s only $29.99. Well, finding the right pair took awhile because I had to be realistic about the style. Pants that rest on my hips no longer work for me. I end up with a muffin top! Eek. So I got myself a BandolinoBlu Jeans Mandie Classic Fit Straight Leg. I still have not lost my pregnancy tummy and this style is the best if you have a bit of a pouch after giving birth. It sits just a bit above the waist and hugs the hip and emphasizes your (and my) behind. 🙂
- A non-black skirt. I didn’t manage to get this but my husband and kiddo did for Mother’s Day! 🙂 They got it at Twill and I just found out that it was $72 when I logged onto internet banking. 😛
- A pair of slacks. Check! $39.98
- Dress socks. Fail!
- Casual socks for Jonno. Fail! I called him from the mall to let him know that I was running low on energy after circling the shops for 3 hours. 😛
- A multi-function wallet. I checked the wallet that I thought I wanted twice! I even took out my old wallet to compare but there’s nothing different to justify the spending. I’m after a squarish wallet that has a zipped coin compartment and an ID window outside. I don’t want to show my bus pass by opening my wallet. I don’t want extra steps in my life. I found this which I think I will get in store, so hopefully they’re stock in downtown when I check in this week.
- And more: a dress $23, 2 tops $30, and a Levi’s denim skirt $38. 🙂 These are the unplanned buys, but I’m happy! I’m going to put away a few clothes to give away. I don’t plan to accumulate clothes again. Ever!
Total damage: $160.56.