I’m going to celebrate!
I am planning to get some nice, but necessary things, for myself on Mother’s Day weekend. I actually thought about shopping this past weekend, but later realized that I could get better deals soon.
I hope to stick to this list but I can’t promise. 🙂
- A pair of jeans. I only have 2 pairs after getting rid of the old ones I have in preparation for our move here. What I want though is a pair that I can get away with at work before Casual Friday. I’ve seen ladies at work who wear the kind I’m looking for. I’m wanting a pair of black or gray jeans.
- A skirt that should not be black. I only have 1 skirt and it’s black (of course!). Again, I gave away all of my skirts before I moved to Portland. They were mostly pre-pregnancy skirts and shorter than what I’m comfortable wearing to work at my age now.
- A pair of slacks. I only have 1 and it’s pin-striped, which means that if I wore it twice in a week you would know it’s the same pair. 😮
- Dress socks. I have about 3 or 4 gray dress socks that all look the same. I might include sports socks too because the ones I own slip down my feet when I walk! 😛
- Casual socks for Jonno. I always ask him whenever I plan to go clothes shopping, and this is his order.
- A multi-function wallet. I know this is a bit of a want rather than a need. I have a rectangular wallet that has no section for change, and I have a coin purse where I also keep my bus pass and change. To me, having 2 things that serve specific purposes are not worth keeping when I could have 1 that could serve both. The reason why I have them is because in NZ we didn’t use cash at all. It was debit card heaven. The coin purse was a gift. I feel the need for having ready cash/coins here in the States. I might hold off on this but I’ve looked and so far like this.
I’m hoping to spend no more than $200 if I can help it. I will go to Lloyd Center and scour the best bargains on MD weekend. When it comes to clothing for myself, I have a hard time shopping online. Traditional shopping still feels different and gives me more satisfaction. It also gives me exercise! Luckily, I have plenty of nice tops to go with bottoms that I still lack. For sure, what I have now are worn often.